Coping With Isolation After An Accident
Recovering from a catastrophic accident is overwhelming even when you have a support system by your side. For many injury victims in Michigan, however, the coronavirus pandemic has forced hospitals to restrict visitation privileges. Limiting interactions with visitors can protect patients from contracting the virus, but it also prevents patients from receiving emotional support when they need it most.
At Atnip & Associates, PLLC, we are here to help. If you or a loved one is suffering from a life-changing injury during this challenging time, it is natural to struggle with a sense of loss or isolation. As an accident survivor, you are stronger than you know. You can take steps to combat negative emotions that prevent you from focusing on your recovery.
We understand there is no easy fix for feelings of depression or isolation. However, there are strategies that you can use to adjust your perspective. Please read our tips below, and you may find a coping skill that helps you through a difficult time.
Tips For Combatting Feelings Of Sadness Or Loss
- Acknowledge your situation is only temporary. It may be painful to reflect on the extent of your injuries but understanding the temporary nature of your situation will help you engage in rehabilitation and other forms of medical treatment.
- Remember isolation from your loved ones will not last. The pandemic will pass. Until then, you can find solace by interacting with friends and family members online or over the phone.
- Engage with your emotions. It is understandable to feel depressed, overwhelmed and anxious. Surviving a catastrophic accident and living through a pandemic are both traumatic experiences. Identifying these feelings can help you cope and give you the power you need to forge a path forward.
- Confide your feelings in someone you trust. Sharing your emotional burden with a loved one can often lessen your load and improve your general outlook. You may feel lonely at different points, but it is important to remember you’re not alone.
- Seek further assistance from professionals as needed. Hospitals, churches and other organizations offer support services to people in need or can direct you to others who can help.
You Can Count On Us
At Atnip & Associates, PLLC, our personal injury attorneys have seen the physical, emotional and mental toll that accidents take on our clients. We are committed to making a positive difference in our clients’ lives in and out of the courtroom.
If you need a strong and compassionate legal ally to help you after your accident, do not hesitate to contact us in Rochester. We have the legal and financial resources you require to fight for your claim and win.
Connect With A Lawyer Who Cares
Learn more about our firm’s philosophy. Then, contact us online or over the phone at 248-383-5949 to discuss your concerns. We offer phone and online conferences to our clients.